Monday 29 July 2013

Playing Javert - Days 8 and 9

I cannot believe I forgot to blog for a couple of days!  Shame on me!

Day 8 was the day of runthroughs of both Oliver and Les Misérables and both shows are coming together extremely well.  Les Misérables is basically ready to perform in my opinion.  There are a few things to fix, but very minor and little things.  Oliver needs a lot more work, but today is an all Oliver! day so we'll see how things go!

Day 9 saw the Les Misérables band call.  It was incredible.  It felt so amazing to sing along to the orchestra. Nearly got quite emotional since a lot of the orchestrated bits of the Schools Editon matches the professional West End production and the soundtracks.

Time is passing swiftly and this coming Friday sees the first Oliver! show (afternoon) and the first Les Misérables show (Evening).  I believe there are still tickets for both these events, so go to www.edfringe.com or www.captivatedrama.com to buy yours and come and see the shows!

Day 8 I got footage of Oliver! which can be viewed in the form of an unofficial trailer here:
















I have since done 2 vlogs but forgotten to update the blog, so apologies for this being a very rushed, not very well thought out post, but there's nothing I can do now I've missed the days they should have been up.  Here are the vlogs for days 8 and 9:

















Once again thank you for following my journey to becoming Javert!  I promise this blog will be updated every night from now on and I won't forget!

kind regards

Gordon H

No comments:

Post a Comment