Wednesday 17 July 2013

July Update: One Day More, Pies, Witches, University and F. R. I. E. N. D. S.


One Day More  
It's July the 17th, and tomorrow is the day I step into the boots of Inspector Javert.  It's a whole 2 months since I found out I landed the role and time has completely flown by!  Who'd have thought that it would take so little time for me to reach this stage?!

I am really looking forward to playing my dream role this year, and I'll be bringing you all the latest from rehearsals every single day, right up until the last curtain down on August 11th.  Accompanied with these posts I will be posting some vlogs on my youtube channel - GordonHorneOfficial so do check those out! It's my first proper attempt at vlogging so be nice.

Since my last update, a fair bit has happened in my life.


Sweeney Todd

Well, what can I say?  Sweeney Todd has become the latest of my obsessions.  So much so that Sweeney is now my second dream role.  Also before watching Sweeney Todd I had never eaten a pie before... I mean WHAT?! I can say that I have now had pie and will be having more in future!



Yes, that's me trying pie for the first time...  I Lovett! (even the Love It, Lovett pun is a regular one I like to use...)

My friend Amy also enhanced an image of myself to look like Sweeney Todd, which is terrifyingly lifelike and the similarities to Johnny Depp are uncanny (just a shame about the costume in the photo, but never mind....)



University Update

The University of Sunderland have finally replied to all my applications and I have received four 'Conditional' offers.  It was hard to choose the backup subject (English with Drama) but I was so chuffed I got to choose my first choice (Performing Arts) after around 2 weeks of waiting for the answer!  Whatever happens it looks like I'll be going to the University of Sunderland in September!  Just now got to wait for the exam results and then I'm all set!  Oh and to add I've also started learning to cook so I don't starve/get ill whilst away.  It's surprisingly fun.

In other news I've discovered and applied for Sunderland's Lives Online Blog which will be a great experience for me since I'm somewhat new to blogging and youtubing...  Here is my "audition" video as it were.  Please do give it a watch and like/share it if you like it :)



Sabrina the Teenage Witch

I don't normally watch TV shows like this, but when I found out that Caroline Rhea, one of the stars of the show, was coming to the Edinburgh Fringe, I decided to give it a go so I would have something to talk to her about should I happen to meet her.  I've just finished the first season and it really left me wanting more.  It's really quite awesome and I think once I have more time I'll re-watch them again.  For those who don't know, the show is based around the life of Sabrina, who is living with her Aunts, Hilda and Zelda, and her cat, Salem, and how she copes and struggles with pretending to be a mortal, and also being a witch.  I do recommend you watch some, it's brilliant.  All of season 1 is on youtube, so get searching!

F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Another show I'd never watched before was F.R.I.E.N.D.S.  A popular comedy that everyone else has seen before me.  I've not watched much, only the first episode (which wasn't at it's best I don't think.).  I'll reserve my judgement after watching more of it.

New Facebook Page
I have opened a new Facebook Page, which will be linked with my twitter/youtube/blogspot accounts and it's basically just for discussions.  As I'm starting out vlogging/blogging I thought it would be an idea to get a page, so my subscribers/blog readers would have somewhere to talk to me without having to be friends with me (I don't normally give out my private account...).

Anyway that's all from me for tonight, but do check back tomorrow for my first rehearsal blog, focusing on Les Misérables and my experiences during rehearsals.

kind regards

Gordon H


No comments:

Post a Comment