Friday 19 July 2013

Playing Javert - Day 2

Has it really already been 2 days?!

Yes it has, and these two days have been absolutely wonderful!  We have nearly completed principal rehearsals and start with the chorus on Monday.

Today was an Act II day, barricade scenes/sewers/suicide/cafe/confession was all covered in the space of 4 hours, which means we've runthrough almost the entire musical with just principals, in 2 days! That's incredible!  I don't think I've ever seen quicker learning/rehearsing!

For fun, Max, our Jean Valjean himself, and I sang a complete rendition of the Confrontation (which is sadly shortened in the School Edition) which was absolutely epic!  Someone filmed us, so fingers crossed for that video going online!

Tomorrow is set to be epic, it's an entire runthrough of what we've done over these 2 days plus the end.  I can't wait to have a full day of playing Javert when it's both acts we perform.

I honestly cannot wait until next week when the chorus come in!  It's going to be super epic, and I'll also get to do my bit for Oliver! next week too!  I'm having the time of my life right now, and I'm sure it will be a time I will remember for the rest of my life!

I really hope you enjoyed reading this and will continue to join me in my journey to the Fringe!

kind regards

Gordon H

No comments:

Post a Comment