Sunday 21 July 2013

Playing Javert - Day 3

Before I get into this post, I know it's a day late, and I do apologise, but please forgive me for being exhausted last night.  I felt like crap and didn't feel up to a video/blog post.

Anyway day 3 was incredible.  Over-using that word a little, but no other words can describe how wonderful rehearsals are right now!  We have now done a full show-runthrough with all the principals and it really was fantastic.  The whole show has been performed over 3 days with just the principals and tomorrow the chorus turn up!

During the runthrough however myself and our Thenardier were called to the stage to help with lighting (standing in spaces to have light shone on us to show the lighting crew how it looks) and in doing so we missed One Day More.  But I'm not complaining because it's not as if it was a real show... was it?

I was rather excited yesterday because one of the major things I did was try on some elements of costume.  I now know that I will be getting the famous Javert Prison Officer uniform (or a slight variation to it, but it's the same one nonetheless!) and I now know what my costume for the Barricade scenes look like.  It'll be interesting to see how it all adds up in our final rehearsals!  I'm also getting a Bicorn! YAY! I love a good Bicorn! In fact I'm a lover of hats, so to find out that I'll be having a Bicorn and also possibly a top hat, I kinda fanboyed a bit...

The Bicorn I saw was extremely similar to how Russell Crowe's one looked when I looked at myself wearing it.  I don't have a picture of the hat itself, but I'll get that for you in time. For now, have a random Russell Crowe picture



Tomorrow consists of both Oliver and Les Misérables rehearsals running in tandem with each other.  It'll be interesting to see how it all fits together because I'm sure rehearsing two shows at once with one director is a bit stressful!

As always my latest vlog is now on youtube.  I'm really enjoying doing these and I hope you like them as much as I do making them :)

kind regards

Gordon H

No comments:

Post a Comment