Thursday 25 July 2013

Playing Javert - Day 7

It's been a week already...

How time flies!  I mean seriously, it does not feel like last Thursday was the first rehearsal.  It's amazing how far we've all come in a week!

I mean seriously?!  As far as today is concerned, it's like we've had months and months of rehearsals!  In reality of course.  We've had 3 days without chorus and 4 days with...  I've never ever rehearsed a show which has come together so quickly!  Les Misérables is simply stunning!  No other word for it (except incredible of course, but as you know I over-use that word a lot...)

10:20am saw the start of our first complete runthrough of the show from start to finish.  It felt a lot different today, because it felt like we were performing to an audience (the chorus of girls.)  And even on the stage... it just all feels real now.  Who knew the schoolboy who became obsessed with the one who sings about being ready for schoolboys, would become the one singing about being ready for the schoolboys?  (is your mind fecked yet?  Mine certainly is... and I'm the one typing...)

Today also marked my first ever interaction with Sandy, our Master Thenardier, having interacted with Ali, the understudy, for days, it was time to see what Sandy was like.  And he was shockingly good. He played it just like Ali did, except with his own twist.  I dunno how he does it... Sandy is Thenardier!

Today also marked another first.  It was the first time someone recorded some footage of ME.  Javert's Suicide, one of the hardest songs I've ever sung and one of the most emotional/horrible to feel/act out.  That's all I'll say for now.

In short, Les Misérables is going to be incredible, and if you miss out, you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't turn up!

On the Oliver! front, I'm not entirely sure how to play my other character, Dr Grimwig.  I'm half considering asking Sally if I can do it in full Eleventh Doctor get up and goofiness (but I don't think it would go down well...).  Ah well, I'll work it out eventually!

and so I promised you a longer blogpost tonight, and you've got one.

Don't forget to watch the Youtube Video (linked below) and also like my facebook page, follow my twitter, all that jazz.  Only if you want to though (however I'd advise it in case you miss an update!)  Remember all will be updated every night from now until August 11th!
kind regards

Gordon H

No comments:

Post a Comment